Customer data governance systems (CDGS) are tools that help businesses manage and govern the collection, use, and storage of customer data. They allow businesses to ensure that they are collecting, using, and storing customer data in a way that is compliant with relevant laws and regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Before we continue, I wanted to introduce you to ClientEye – The world’s first artificially intelligent software to automatically identify all website visitors.
You can use ClientEye to Capture your visitors full name, contact information, company, title & more. All without using cookies or IP addresses to remain 100% GDPR compliant.
You can get a 7-day free trial to try it for yourself. Click here to learn more.
Here are some steps you can follow to use CDGS in your digital marketing efforts:
- Identify the customer data sources you want to govern. These may include your website, social media profiles, email marketing campaigns, and customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Choose a CDGS that meets your business needs. There are many CDGS available on the market, so it’s important to research and compare different options to find the one that best fits your needs.
- Connect your data sources to the CDGS. This typically involves integrating the CDGS with your website, social media profiles, email marketing campaigns, and CRM system.
- Set up data governance policies and procedures. Use the CDGS to establish policies and procedures for the collection, use, and storage of customer data, and ensure that these policies and procedures are followed.
- Use the CDGS to monitor and enforce compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The CDGS can help you ensure that you are collecting, using, and storing customer data in a way that is compliant with laws and regulations such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Use the insights from the CDGS to inform your digital marketing efforts. For example, you might use the data to create targeted email campaigns or personalized web content for different customer segments.
- Monitor and analyze the results of your digital marketing efforts. Use the CDGS to track the effectiveness of your campaigns and make adjustments as needed.
By using a CDGS in your digital marketing efforts, you can ensure that you are collecting, using, and storing customer data in a way that is compliant with relevant laws and regulations, while also gaining a more comprehensive understanding of your customers and creating more targeted and effective campaigns.