Customer data governance platforms (CDGPs) are tools that help businesses ensure compliance with data regulations and protect customer privacy.
Before we continue, I wanted to introduce you to ClientEye – The world’s first artificially intelligent software to automatically identify all website visitors.
You can use ClientEye to Capture your visitors full name, contact information, company, title & more. All without using cookies or IP addresses to remain 100% GDPR compliant.
You can get a 7-day free trial to try it for yourself. Click here to learn more.
Here are a few steps you can take to use CDGPs in your digital marketing strategy:
- Determine the data regulations that apply to your business: Identify the data regulations that apply to your business, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union or the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in the United States.
- Research CDGPs: Research different CDGPs to find one that can help you meet your compliance needs and fits within your budget.
- Integrate the CDGP with your systems: Use the CDGP to collect and store customer data from various sources, such as your website, social media accounts, and email marketing campaigns.
- Develop a customer data governance policy: Use the CDGP to develop a customer data governance policy that outlines how you will collect, store, and use customer data in a compliant and ethical manner. Make sure your policy is in line with relevant data regulations and clearly communicates your commitment to protecting customer privacy.
- Train your employees on data governance: Use the CDGP to train your employees on your customer data governance policy and their responsibilities when it comes to collecting, storing, and using customer data.
By using a CDGP in your digital marketing strategy, you can ensure compliance with data regulations and protect customer privacy, which can help build trust and improve customer satisfaction.